5 Things We Learned From Libraries
National Library Week, April 8-14, 2018
Libraries offer something for everyone. Whether you’re catching up on magazines while your children play, finding a corner to hide away and get some serious studying done or sitting in the stacks reading a great page-turner, libraries are vast in knowledge, people, and experiences. As a valuable part of the community, we honor our local libraries on National Library week, April 8-14th.
Libraries hold a special place in our heart here at Latitude. We’ve partnered with libraries and their communities across the states of Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois on renovations, new builds, and recognition displays.
Five Important Things We’ve Learned:
- The library does not exist without the community. Well planned campaigns and thoughtful recognition signage is imperative to honor those who support the library.
- Library staff are passionate about their facilities. A high level of care, thoughtfulness, and understanding is necessary with the design and planning of signage whether it be interior, exterior, donor, or digital.
- Libraries are typically wide open spaces (with lots of shelving, obviously). Bold overhead signage allows patrons to come in and scan their environment to develop their path.
- Resources are tight. Any funds saved can be easily spent in other areas to benefit patrons. Value engineering a sign design with similar products that do not compromise the design are always a great solution.
- Librarians are the nicest people on the face of the earth. If you can’t find something all you need to do is ask.
Our entire Latitude team encourage you to visit your local library soon. Lastly, warm wishes to all of our friends at the American Library Association a Happy Library Week! #ilovemylibrary
Library week hashtag: #ilovemylibrary
4 Best Practices When Hiring a Design-Build Signage Partner
When it comes to creating effective signage, working with a professional signage partner is essential. Choosing a partner that uses a Design-Build method. By choosing Design-Build your signage program will have the benefit of minimizing project risk and improving your delivery.
The Right Sign for Your Business
Successful signage involves more than creating an attractive arrangement of logos and slogans. It is also a blending of complex elements such as marketing, demographics, an understanding of visual acuity, conspicuity, and obliquity.
Like what you see?
Get more ideas, design, and inspiration delivered to your inbox on a monthly basis. Sign up for our email, we won’t waste your time!