Junior Design-Build Specialist
Make signage come to life with our Design-Build team.
This position works directly under the Design-Build Specialists and Environmental Graphic Designers. Competitive pay and benefits included.
Overall creative conceptual design, development, and implementation of comprehensive sign systems with information curated from Latitude sales team, building plans, and client branding. This position may also be called to make client presentations; create conceptual and production sign design documents; and will support the sales process with the preparation of presentations and related materials. Directly involved with customer contact to assist the Business Development Manager in selling Design-Build/ Planning+Design as needed.
6-8 month training with the team, then more remote options possible. Offices in Iowa City, Grinnell, Des Moines, and Omaha.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains a thorough knowledge of company processes and adheres to these consistently.
Work within the Design-Build team to Implement all phases of the process.
- Site Visits/Reviews Site and Floor Plans
- Determines ADA and other code requirements
- Prepares Message Schedule and Location Plans
- Collaborate and Recommend Product Solutions
- Prepares Product Conceptual Drawings
- Works with Production Graphics to prepare construction documents
- Prepares production and installation documents
- Works with Account Manager/Project Manager when a project is approved for production.
- Conducts final walk-thru/review with the client
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Creatively minded and able to conceptualize options based on information provided in meetings.
- College degree or equivalent in a Design related field.
- Some experience with Wayfinding, signage, and sign design.
- Desire to learn and implement quickly.
- Understanding of typography, layout, and color.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High level of organization and ability to complete relevant tasks on time.
Fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Excel. Familiarity with Sign Agent sign programming software is a plus.