Department: Project Management
Supervisor: Director of Project Management
Location: Grinnell, Iowa
Scope of Work
If you enjoy learning something new every day and you’re super efficient, keep reading!
In this role, you will help our team create happy clients by being their main contact along with our professional sales team and collaborating with designers and fabricators to create architectural signage products. Check out some of the work we do.
A can-do attitude, positive personality, and a hard-working spirit will get you very far in this position. Meet a few of our Project Managers and get a better idea of what they do.
Duties + Responsibilities
You will take the lead once a project is sold. This includes managing contracts, entering and managing large scale orders, serving the needs of customers, problem-solving snags on the fly, and positive collaboration with all clients and team members.
Ability and interest to listen and quickly learn aspects of projects and the company’s product and services capabilities, including understanding materials, construction, and manufacturing processes.
Drive and interest to come up with ideas and solutions to achieve client goals with the end result of happy return customers.
Great customer communications via the phone, e-mail, and/or meet in person as necessary to confirm sign details such as dimensions, product, colors, font, etc.
Provide support, as part of the project team, for virtual and in-person meetings with clients when necessary in a professional manner.
Adhere to general company policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Knowledge + Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; graphic design, interior design, marketing, communications, non-residential construction, or business major preferred.
Must have highly developed written and verbal communication skills, and be organized, detail-oriented, customer service-centric, and quality-driven.
Experience in the architectural, engineering, or construction field is ideal.
- Active listening and questioning for better understanding.
- Critical thinking to understand the end goal and steps needed to get there.
- Problem-solving skills to assess the issue and find a way through it to achieve the end goal.
- Organizational skills provide the ability to multi-task and keep multiple projects running efficiently.
- Empathy to understand the challenges of each player in a project and how you can help them achieve their goals too.
- Relationship management to ensure all parties understand timelines, expectations, and any changes throughout a project.
- Professional demeanor, especially under stress, is essential for customer interactions both virtually and in-person.